Yeah man, I don’t know. I had this idea to draw a comic about some tough guys in prison talking about anime dating sim video games, because those are weird and uncomfortable to me, and I’m also really fascinated by people attaching romantic attachments to inanimate objects and fictional characters.
But I’m not sure I like the way this turned out for a lot of reasons, but I’d like to put it out, be done with it and move on to something else. I just hope it makes sense, and the lettering is legible at all.
- everything you need to know about pixel art and how to start (best one so far)
- pixel art, what is it?
- an introduction to pixel art by richard janes
- 2D will never die’s tutorials page
- ultrashock’s pixel art tutorials: part i | part ii | part iii | part iv
- wikihow’s become a pixel artist
- great list of 30 tutorials
- create a 3D characters from pixel art
the big list of pixel art tutorials by pixelprospector
pixel art tutorials
- HUGE Collection of Pixel Art Tutorials (pixeljoint)
- Pixel Art Tutorials (Derek Yu)
- Pixel Art Tutorial (Natomic / Mark)
- Big Collection of Pixel Art Tutorials (Gas 13)
- Pixel Art (drbubu)
- Pixel Tutorial (Final Boss Blues)
- Pixel Art Tutorials (deviantART)
- More Pixel Art Tutorials (TIGSource Forums)
- Even More Pixel Art Tutorials (Pixel-Zone / Some dead links…)
- Learning Pixel Art (Black Golem)
- A Beginner’s Guide To Spriting (TIGSource Forums)
- 2D Tile Art Basics (Flash Game Dojo)pixel art inspiration
- HUGE collection of Pixel Art, Mockups and more from TIGSource forums!!
- Tzigla (a place for collaborative pixelated drawings in 100×100 pixel squares)
- Pixel Art Guild (site that features Pixel Art)
- Pixel Art Mega Thread (Something Awful Forums)
- Pixel Art Rebirth In Digital Animations (Game Comments)
- Hall of Fame for Games Featuring Outstanding Pixel Art (TIGSource Forums)pixel art forumsfreelance guide
- Pixel Art Freelance Guide (Adam “Atomic” Saltsman)graphic style analysis
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part I (Black Golem)
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part II (Black Golem)
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part III (Black Golem)tutorials about glowy graphics
Inspired by Anita Sarkeesian’s Video Game Tropes vs Women, I wanted to pitch a Zelda game where Zelda herself was the hero, rescuing a Prince Link.
Clockwork Empire is set 2,000 years after Twilight Princess, and is not a reboot, but simply another iteration in the Zelda franchise. It just so happens that in this case, Zelda is the protagonist. I’m a very big Zelda fan, and worked hard to draw from key elements in the continuity and mythos.
This concept work is meant to show that Zelda as a game protagonist can be both compelling and true to the franchise, while bringing new and dynamic game elements that go farther than being a simple gender swap.
Hope you like it!
This seems like it might be of interest to many people who read this blog. :)
It’s ArtNudesTuesday, folks! Changing the tag from ArtBoobsTuesday in case of future male models.
The lovely pink-haired Tasha returns as model, and while I’m a bit out of practice from the SXSW break, I manage to tame the unruly medium of soft pastels. Hope you enjoy!
This was a rejected death animation for the Cyclops enemy in Arnthak. Turns out, Kale wants him to get out of the alive, so he teleports himself away instead.
Some mysterious Arnthak machines. What do they doooo???